The League of Friends was established in 1956 as the Friends of Cuckfield Hospital, which was then the General Hospital for Mid-Sussex
In June 1991 services were transferred from Cuckfield to the new Mid-Sussex General Hospital. The new hospital was officially opened in September 1991 by HRH Princess Anne and it then became the Princess Royal Hospital.
Subsequently our organisation became the League of Friends of the Princess Royal Hospital, with a revised constitution, incorporating the previously separate Leagues supporting St Francis and Haywards Heath hospitals.
The main objectives of the League of Friends are:
To supplement the services of the hospital for the health, welfare and comfort of the patients by the provision of facilities, buildings and equipment, which may be required for the treatment of the patients or for the running of the hospital
To provide or assist in the provision of amenities in the hospital for patients and staff including the provision and operation of the hospital coffee shop.
Executive Committee of the League of Friends of the Princess Royal Hospital
Chair: Mercedes Madden
Treasurer: Andrew Fox
Michael West Eacott